We are so thankful to be able to feature the talented Steffan Tubbs from 850 KOA today for our “Get to Know” Colorado celebrity feature. You can listen to Steffan Tubbs on 850 KOA weekday mornings as he delivers the news from 5 a.m.-10 a.m. He also hosts the community affairs program “Studio 12” on Colorado Public Television, which is part of PBS Denver.
On this Memorial Day, you'd be hard pressed to find another reporter in Colorado who has dedicated more of his life to our troops and military as Steffan has—he’s even the author of “Life, Liberty and Resilience: A Man’s War on Three Fronts.”
In fact, in 2010 and 2012, Steffan was able to bring WWII veterans back to the island of Iwo Jima. In 2011, he traveled with WWII vets to Normandy, France to commemorate the D-Day anniversary –and many times he’s been to Hawaii with Pearl Harbor survivors.
Without a doubt, Steffan Tubbs is an incredible man, an outstanding reporter, a dedicated father, a doting husband and a great friend to many retired military veteran.
Steffan took some time to give Colorado Media Network 15 facts about himself that you can read right now!
1. I'm a San Diego native and went to San Diego High School in downtown, the alma mater of actor Gregory Peck. I graduated from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo with a degree in Journalism in 1992.
2. I love to travel... a dedicated flier on United Airlines. Three flights I will never forget - Denver to Oklahoma City (for the OKC bombing) April 19, 1995; LA to Denver (for Columbine) April 20, 1999; and LA to New York City (for 9/11) September 16, 2001.
3. In 2000, I anchored ABC's "World News This Morning" from New York several times, and sat in Peter Jennings' anchor chair.
4. My sons are my life. Ryan is 13 and Nathan is 11.
5. I'm a crazed, dedicated San Diego Chargers and Padres fan... thus have been disappointed most of my life.
6. If I had one meal left, it would be a sushi and sashimi platter.
7. I've been blessed to know I wanted a career in journalism since I was about ten years old.
8. Some of my best friends are WWII veterans, most between 88-92 years old.
9. I was a cat person my entire life, until we rescued Duke last year. He's a six-year old beagle from the Denver Dumb Friends League. I may never own a cat again.
10. My favorite group is Electric Light Orchestra... AC/DC is a close second.
11. My first big interview was via telephone with Bob Hope. I was so nervous, I think I sounded like a fool, but he was extremely kind and generous with his time.
12. I love producing documentaries. My first, "Life, Liberty & Resilience" was also a book. My current film in production is titled "Droughtland" which focuses on the devastating SE Colorado drought. More on at both www.steffantubbs.com and www.droughtland.com
13. Maui is about my favorite place on earth.
14. I was embedded with U.S. troops in Iraq in 2006 and 2010.
15. I close Colorado's Morning News on 850 KOA every day with a simple message: "Remember Our Troops."
Steffan Tubbs is one busy guy. Between both of his media gigs, to being a father and traveling across the world with WWII veterans, it can be difficult to pitch stories and get his attention.
Hire Colorado Media Network LLC for your public relations, marketing and digital needs and we'll handle all the pitching for you! Take a look at all of our services and then fill out the quick form below and one of our staffers will reach out to you immediately.
Happy Memorial Day from all of us here at Colorado Media Network LLC!
The latest updates from Colorado Media Network's founder