Kevin is our featured “Get to Know” Colorado celebrity this week and we couldn’t be happier. He’s someone you definitely should know, especially on the PR side of things. If anyone should tell your story, it should be Kevin. He has an eye to detail and a way of making people comfortable who aren’t use to being on camera.
Kevin is just a stand-up guy. When he’s not on TV, he is usually exploring our beautiful state or visiting his family in New York. When you meet him, he’ll probably even take out his smart phone to brag about his adorably cute nephews.
Below are 15 fantastic facts about Kevin Torres that you need to know:
2. The food I always eat when I’m nervous is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I’m not sure why, but it brings me a sense of comfort.
3. I love horror films. The scarier, the better. My friends and I get together most weeks for ‘scary movie nights.' No other genre of film entertains me as much as ‘horror’.
4. My middle name is Leslie. Don’t make fun of me.
5. I have an older sister and two younger half-brothers.
6. In 1995 I had a serious skiing injury. I slammed in to a barrel of metal pipes while crossing between two hills (why there was a barrel of metal pipes in between is beyond me). I couldn’t walk for nearly a month. Since then I pretty much haven’t skied.
7. I’m a huge sci-fi geek. Anything involving the unexplained interests me.
8. I love dogs, but I’m more of a cat person. Although, one day I hope to adopt a pug and name him ‘Jabba’ after Jabba the Hutt.
10. I know absolutely nothing about sports, but I’ve won one of the most prestigious journalism awards (an Edward R. Murrow Award) for Sports Reporting. I’ve also been nominated for an Emmy Award for Sports Reporting. Go figure.
11. My favorite cartoon character is Donald Duck. I used to have a huge Donald Duck collection on my desk at work.
12. I can do an amazing Gollum impression from Lord of the Rings.
13. 9NEWS anchor Kyle Clark and I grew up in the same general area of Central New York. Prior to working at 9NEWS, Kyle’s wife and I worked together at WSYR in Syracuse, New York. The first time I met Kyle was in Syracuse when a few of us went out for drinks to celebrate Kyle’s new job at KUSA. Crazy how small our world is.
14. I’m half Puerto Rican and half Polish, which makes me PoloRican.
15. I’m a short fella. I’m only 5’6”.
Visit www.kevintorres.com for more information on him. You can also follow Kevin on Facebook or Twitter @kevinltorres.
Hire Colorado Media Network for your PR, and we'll help you find a hook that will intrigue Kevin and his colleagues. Just fill out the quick form below and one of our staff members will contact you: