After her work is done, she is always on the clock. You may spot her around town emceeing various charity events or taking her sons to a baseball game. The woman doesn't stop.
We're happy to highlight her as our "Get to Know" Colorado celebrity this week since Mother's Day is just a few days away. Below are 15 facts so you know the woman you hear in the mornings on KOSI 101 and see on TV for "Colorado and Company."
2. I also met my husband Michael Plante when I was 19…and married at 23. We have been together almost 23 years.
3. I am a mom of two boys that I'm crazy about. I thought I was going to have a girl, so I saved my Barbies and they are in original boxes...most unopened. One day, their daughters (my grandbabies!) will love me!
4. I was a 5-time state champion in track and cross country. Hurdles were my "thang.”
6. Dreux DeMack, the executive producer of “Colorado & Company,” and I are the only ones from the 'original' crew when the show launched over nine years ago.
7. I wake up each morning at 2:45 a.m. to get ready for the KOSI 101.1 morning show with Murphy Huston. I have been hosting “Murphy & Denise” for over eight years now. I leave KOSI no later than 9:15 a.m. to make it to “Colorado and Company” by 9:40 a.m. and go live at 10 a.m. each day.
8. I recently bought my dream car from my mom and dad. It's the same car Halle Berry drove in "James Bond," but it's black. It's a 2003 Convertible Thunderbird. It means so much to me, because it was my parent’s car. I named the car 'Jenny' after my mom. It will always be in my family.
10. My family loves to antique shop and find thrift stores when we travel. You never know what you will find.
11. I'm fascinated by Audrey Hepburn, Lucille Ball and Dolly Parton. I love style and grace, but also LOVE to laugh!
12. You might find me at a karaoke spot singing ‘80s tunes. Once someone asked me, "Hey, aren't you that lady from 9NEWS?" I said, "Yep, I'm Adele Arakawa...nice to meet you!" Adele knows the story and laughs :)
13. I went to a Tupperware party and came home with a salsa maker and a dog. "Jingles" was looking for a new home at four months old.
14. I found a pony in the middle of the street in my neighborhood in California. I rode the pony home bareback with no reigns. I asked my mom, "Can I keep it?" She told me ‘no’ and we found the rightful owner where the pony escaped.
15. I LOVE what I do, but would be thrilled to own my own business one day.
Hire Colorado Media Network LLC and we'll show you how to catch Denise's attention--and many other members of the media to get your name out there. Fill out the quick form below and one of our professionals will get back to you immediately: