Dan Mitchell is on Denver’s classic rock station 99.5 The Mountain weekdays from 3 p.m.-8 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m.-10 a.m. He’s been rocking the airwaves for over 30 years with no signs of stopping anytime soon.
If you’re near a radio at 3 p.m. on weekdays, flip on over to 99.5 FM to listen to Dan’s popular segment called “The List” where he picks a different topic each day to highlight. Some past lists/shows include playing songs with legendary guitar licks to best title tracks to name a few.
It’s hard to find a nicer guy in the radio biz than Dan Mitchell. From the moment you meet him, you’ll feel like you’ve been friends for years.
So without further ado, read 15 amazing facts about Dan Mitchell that he personally gave Colorado Media Network LLC exclusively:
2. I was hit by a car when I was four years old and suffered brain damage. I had to undergo medication and speech therapy into my teens to fully recover.
3. In 1999, VH1 invited me to be their guest in New York City for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction of Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel among others. While standing at the urinal in the men’s room at the Waldorf Astoria, Bono, standing next to me, urged me to “hurry up and pee mate” because the Boss was standing behind me. I looked over my shoulder and Springsteen just smiled and waved! Talk about surreal…
4. I once got Mark Jackson of Broncos/Three Amigos fame to catch passes from me. After I hit him with a laser off the break at 40 yards, he actually asked me why I didn’t pursue football as a career. Ego Blast Complete!
5. In the ‘80s, when the World Wrestling Federation would come to Denver, I was the Ring Announcer. Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan each gave me the “evil” eye at one time!
6. I’ve been married for almost 34 years. I met my wife Kathy when she was 15 and I was 19.
7. I have two granddaughters—Jada and Jazmine are my best little buddies…they call me “Grampy Dan!” Once in a while they will call me “Daniel” when I’ve apparently done something wrong.
9. I am 6 feet 3 inches tall
10. My best stress release is playing basketball.
11. In all my years in radio, my favorite interview is Roger Daltrey of The Who. I called him at his flat in London and we got to talking about the late Keith Moon. Roger got very emotional during our 10-minute chat and really opened up to me. If we were in the same room I’m convinced we would have hugged-it-out!
12. If a magic genie granted me just one selfish wish, I would want to be the world’s greatest Pianist. The first song I would play would be the simple, but beautiful “Tiny Dancer” by Elton John. My altruistic wish would be that all children would be loved, nurtured and cherished.
13. I decided I wanted to be in radio when I was in 7th grade. My reason was not to talk, but to share my love of music.
14. I cry at movies. I guess I am easily emotionally manipulated. I’m okay with it. My favorite movie is “Love Actually.”
15. I really enjoy the personal relationship with my listeners. I have fans who remember when my kids (Bobby and Sarah) were born in the ‘80s. It all played out on the radio. They’ll call from time to time and ask me about them.
How do local Colorado businesses pitch stories and events to Dan Mitchell and the 99.5 The Mountain team? Well, if you're smart, you'll hire Colorado Media Network LLC to take over and manage your day-to-day public relations, marketing, social media and digital efforts. We haven't peed next to Bono or anything, but we're pretty awesome and we know what we're doing. Just fill out the quick form below and one of our team members will contact you. Also, visit our Contact Us page for additional information.