First up? 9NEWS morning meteorologist, Becky Ditchfield:
2. My favorite sports player of all time is Brendan Shanahan. We met him when I was 13 at the airport in St. Louis. We were all boarding the plane for Chicago. He signed autographs for my brother and I, then talked to my family the ENTIRE time as we boarded the plane. Class. Act. I’ll never forget it.
3. I went to a public high school in St. Louis, and had class with one of Ozzie Smith’s kids and one of Lou Brock’s kids. Lou Brock was at my high school graduation as a parent.
4. I love being crafty. Pinterest is one of the best inventions ever. (Editor's Note: You can follow Becky on Pinterest.).
5. I have one sibling. My brother is only 17 months younger than me.
6. Growing up I always thought the TV weather people had no idea what they were talking about. It was a family friend who convinced me to intern and try it out.
7. As a child, I buttered my black lab. Yes, you read that correctly. My mom said my brother and I were being quiet, which was suspicious. Figuring the dog was with us, she called the dog. The dog was shiny and greasy when she walked in. My mom found us, asked us what happened, and I apparently responded that “We buttered her.” In the dead of winter.
8. I’ve always loved music. I played the viola through my freshman year of college, and the piano from first grade until my senior year of high school.
9. I am an introvert. I recharge my battery by having alone time.
10. Carter Oosterhause remodeled a room in my Denver home for an HGTV show. It was horrible. We re-did the whole thing. Uh oh, should I write about that?! Well, I just did!
11. Since moving to the Denver suburbs, I have become an expert on bats (the flying kind), great horned owls and coyotes. Mostly because they’ve all shown up in my backyard, or inside my home.
12. My parents are both in the plumbing industry.
13. I grew up in the midwest, and love and miss the lakes.
14. I caught my first fish off the dock of my grandparents’ lake house with an orange Snoopy rod and reel when I was five years old. I was hooked on the sport ever since. Pun intended.
15. I learned to ski in Vail, CO when I was 13.
BONUS: We also asked Becky her advice she’d give to companies/businesses who pitch stories to the news. Here’s what she has to say: Make your pitch short. We work in a deadline business and don’t have time to read through long e-mails/Facebook messages. If we want more information, we’ll reach out to you.
Keep up-to-date with Becky weekday mornings on 9NEWS-KUSA and read about her high-risk pregnancy by reading her personal blog.