Aristea’s lovely face may look familiar to you avid Coloradans: She was a reporter and weekend morning anchor for 9NEWS-KUSA a few years ago. Then she left 9NEWS and moved to Minnesota where she was a reporter/anchor for WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.
She has many fabulous ties to Colorado as well (she was born and raised here after all)…including her TV buddies. One of her best friends is 9NEWS’ anchor/reporter Corey Rose, who we featured for last week’s “Get to Know” celebrity.
Okay, enough chit chat--it's time to get to know Aristea Brady with 15 fabulous facts about her:
2. I spent all my summers in the western slope of Craig, Colorado on my extended family’s sheep and cattle ranch. We still go back multiple times a year!
3. While I grew up in a Greek-speaking household, I actually speak French better than I speak Greek.
4. I’m an avid country line dancer. Garth Brooks and George Strait are my favorite!
5. I love doing voice impressions and accents—British is my favorite.
6. I give almost everyone I know a nickname. More often than not, they stick!
7. Zumba is my favorite workout—no questions asked.
9. My favorite hobby is interior decorating. I’m constantly re-modeling!
10. I’m obsessed with elephants. I collect them. I even have elephant salt and pepper shakers.
11. One of my favorite quotes is “Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like heck!”
12. My favorite charity is the “Make a Wish Foundation,” and I’ve served as a past ambassador.
13. I have a fascination with Southern women and their hospitality. They have a way of making everything look charming yet effortless. This was born after my first TV stint in Lexington, Kentucky.
14. My name is Ancient Greek and it means the “pinnacle moment in battle.” How’s that for “a lot to live up to”?
15. I recently won a “Dancing with the Stars” competition in Minneapolis, Minnesota and raised just short of $30,000 for breast cancer.
Why Denver is different from other markets where I’ve worked: As Denverites, we have a unique appreciation for the outdoor beauty that surrounds us. We don’t take our countless days of sunshine or our Rocky Mountaintops for granted in the 5280. That’s universal. What’s unique is the diversity our city offers. There’s something for everyone: a sports Mecca, a place for ranchers to call home and a rock climbers’ paradise.
Watch Aristea Brady weeknights on Fox31 at 10 p.m. You can also follow her on Twitter @AristeaBrady.
About Colorado Media Network LLC: We're a full-service digital, marketing and public relations firm with a wealth of experience working with some of the largest and most prominent media organizations and businesses in the state. Does your business need help with PR? Let's talk and grow your business today.