Exciting news this week, Colorado! In case you haven’t heard—the amazingly talented Aristea Brady is BACK in Denver and ready to rock the anchor desk weeknights for FOX31-KDVR for their 10 p.m. newscast.
Aristea’s lovely face may look familiar to you avid Coloradans: She was a reporter and weekend morning anchor for 9NEWS-KUSA a few years ago. Then she left 9NEWS and moved to Minnesota where she was a reporter/anchor for WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.
She has many fabulous ties to Colorado as well (she was born and raised here after all)…including her TV buddies. One of her best friends is 9NEWS’ anchor/reporter Corey Rose, who we featured for last week’s “Get to Know” celebrity.
Okay, enough chit chat--it's time to get to know Aristea Brady with 15 fabulous facts about her:
1. If I could travel to any place in the world right at this moment, it’d be Disney World!! (Epcot, more specifically).
2. I spent all my summers in the western slope of Craig, Colorado on my extended family’s sheep and cattle ranch. We still go back multiple times a year!
3. While I grew up in a Greek-speaking household, I actually speak French better than I speak Greek.
4. I’m an avid country line dancer. Garth Brooks and George Strait are my favorite!
5. I love doing voice impressions and accents—British is my favorite.
6. I give almost everyone I know a nickname. More often than not, they stick!
7. Zumba is my favorite workout—no questions asked.
8. I was arm wrestling champion at a high school of 4,000 students. True story.
9. My favorite hobby is interior decorating. I’m constantly re-modeling!
10. I’m obsessed with elephants. I collect them. I even have elephant salt and pepper shakers.
11. One of my favorite quotes is “Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like heck!”
12. My favorite charity is the “Make a Wish Foundation,” and I’ve served as a past ambassador.
13. I have a fascination with Southern women and their hospitality. They have a way of making everything look charming yet effortless. This was born after my first TV stint in Lexington, Kentucky.
14. My name is Ancient Greek and it means the “pinnacle moment in battle.” How’s that for “a lot to live up to”?
15. I recently won a “Dancing with the Stars” competition in Minneapolis, Minnesota and raised just short of $30,000 for breast cancer.
Why I like working in Denver: It’s my home! I’m a born and raised Denver gal with a deep love for the orange and blue. I cherish my position to tell stories to the community I know and love most.
Why Denver is different from other markets where I’ve worked: As Denverites, we have a unique appreciation for the outdoor beauty that surrounds us. We don’t take our countless days of sunshine or our Rocky Mountaintops for granted in the 5280. That’s universal. What’s unique is the diversity our city offers. There’s something for everyone: a sports Mecca, a place for ranchers to call home and a rock climbers’ paradise.
Watch Aristea Brady weeknights on Fox31 at 10 p.m. You can also follow her on Twitter @AristeaBrady.
The staff at Colorado Media Network LLC worked with Aristea Brady during her tenure at 9NEWS. Take it from us: She's the real deal. Smart, charming and great at her job. Welcome back to the Mile High City, Aristea!
About Colorado Media Network LLC: We're a full-service digital, marketing and public relations firm with a wealth of experience working with some of the largest and most prominent media organizations and businesses in the state. Does your business need help with PR? Let's talk and grow your business today.
5/30/2017 02:31:00 pm
She's unprofessional and her biased news presentation is hatefilled. Can't stand her
3/26/2019 10:39:59 pm
I THINK SHE IS TOO FLIRTATIOUS AND NEEDS TO TAKE OFF SOME MAKEUP. A LITTLE TO WELL CANT SAY.
8/5/2022 07:24:05 pm
Thank youu for writing this
Leave a Reply.
The latest updates from Colorado Media Network's founder