Exciting news this week, Colorado! In case you haven’t heard—the amazingly talented Aristea Brady is BACK in Denver and ready to rock the anchor desk weeknights for FOX31-KDVR for their 10 p.m. newscast.
Aristea’s lovely face may look familiar to you avid Coloradans: She was a reporter and weekend morning anchor for 9NEWS-KUSA a few years ago. Then she left 9NEWS and moved to Minnesota where she was a reporter/anchor for WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.
She has many fabulous ties to Colorado as well (she was born and raised here after all)…including her TV buddies. One of her best friends is 9NEWS’ anchor/reporter Corey Rose, who we featured for last week’s “Get to Know” celebrity.
Okay, enough chit chat--it's time to get to know Aristea Brady with 15 fabulous facts about her:
1. If I could travel to any place in the world right at this moment, it’d be Disney World!! (Epcot, more specifically).
2. I spent all my summers in the western slope of Craig, Colorado on my extended family’s sheep and cattle ranch. We still go back multiple times a year!
3. While I grew up in a Greek-speaking household, I actually speak French better than I speak Greek.
4. I’m an avid country line dancer. Garth Brooks and George Strait are my favorite!
5. I love doing voice impressions and accents—British is my favorite.
6. I give almost everyone I know a nickname. More often than not, they stick!
7. Zumba is my favorite workout—no questions asked.
8. I was arm wrestling champion at a high school of 4,000 students. True story.
9. My favorite hobby is interior decorating. I’m constantly re-modeling!
10. I’m obsessed with elephants. I collect them. I even have elephant salt and pepper shakers.
11. One of my favorite quotes is “Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like heck!”
12. My favorite charity is the “Make a Wish Foundation,” and I’ve served as a past ambassador.
13. I have a fascination with Southern women and their hospitality. They have a way of making everything look charming yet effortless. This was born after my first TV stint in Lexington, Kentucky.
14. My name is Ancient Greek and it means the “pinnacle moment in battle.” How’s that for “a lot to live up to”?
15. I recently won a “Dancing with the Stars” competition in Minneapolis, Minnesota and raised just short of $30,000 for breast cancer.
Why I like working in Denver: It’s my home! I’m a born and raised Denver gal with a deep love for the orange and blue. I cherish my position to tell stories to the community I know and love most.
Why Denver is different from other markets where I’ve worked: As Denverites, we have a unique appreciation for the outdoor beauty that surrounds us. We don’t take our countless days of sunshine or our Rocky Mountaintops for granted in the 5280. That’s universal. What’s unique is the diversity our city offers. There’s something for everyone: a sports Mecca, a place for ranchers to call home and a rock climbers’ paradise.
Watch Aristea Brady weeknights on Fox31 at 10 p.m. You can also follow her on Twitter @AristeaBrady.
The staff at Colorado Media Network LLC worked with Aristea Brady during her tenure at 9NEWS. Take it from us: She's the real deal. Smart, charming and great at her job. Welcome back to the Mile High City, Aristea!
About Colorado Media Network LLC: We're a full-service digital, marketing and public relations firm with a wealth of experience working with some of the largest and most prominent media organizations and businesses in the state. Does your business need help with PR? Let's talk and grow your business today.
Want to discuss effective marketing? Today, the Colorado Rockies, in tandem with the six other baseball markets are having the first National Jersey Day! They created a promotional campaign that has Colorado buzzin’—and what seems like every TV reporter and anchor Tweeting a picture of themselves in their Rockies jerseys.
The plan? For National Jersey Day, the Rockies Store is giving away two free tickets to anyone who buys a Rockies jersey today.
The Rockies Store was smart. They took a current event and spun it to benefit them locally. They took National Jersey Day and made it about them—which seems to be working out and chances are, their jersey sales will probably increase today. What can we say? People love free stuff...and apparently that includes TV news anchor! Even if that means they buy a $60 jersey for two $20 tickets.
That, folks, is effective marketing through and through. Your business can do something similar as well. Media outlets love it when there’s a national story or something huge happening on a bigger scale and some business localizes it with a fun spin.
You’ll see what we mean with all the TV stations and their personalities’ Tweets below:
Want to create a successful marketing plan like the Colorado Rockies Store did? Hire Colorado Media Network LLC and we'll produce many marketing strategies to help get your brand, business and name out there to the masses.
It's hard to keep up with every, single story, blog post, article that comes out each week about social media. From current changes to helpful tips on managing your social media accounts, it can get, erhhhh, overwhelming to say the least.
Staffers at Colorado Media Network pay close attention to the social media news, so you don't have to worry.
Below is a quick roundup of stories, updates and changes posted about social media this week.
1. 7 Proven Ways to Creating Viral Pinterest Posts
Pinterest is your favorite pastime--but when it comes to your business, do you know how to create viral-worthy pins? PR Daily helps break down what to do, how to post and what people look for on the popular social media site.
2. BIG changes to AdWords
Google recently made some big changes to AdWords. Learn how AdWords can help connect your business to customers. And remember: SEO and online content creating can get oh-so-overwhelming. Hire Colorado Media Network and we'll do your digital heavy-lifting for you.
3. Social Media Playing with People's Emotions--and why it matters to your business
This article was by far our favorite from the week in the industry. Social Media World wrote an article about how the online platforms play with people's emotions and how you can use them to your advantage. This sentence alone speaks volumes about this powerful article:
"When you tell somebody something they will sometimes believe you, but if you lead them to conclude something on their own they will ALWAYS believe you."
Read the full article "Playing with People's Emotions" and comment below and let us know what you think about it!
4. Breaking Down Social Media Trends of 2014
OnlineSocialMedia.net published an incredibly helpful mix of facts, research, infographics and trends in the world of social media for 2014. If anything, read the article and we guarantee you'll walk away with more of a grasp and information on social media...at least for some clever watercooler conversations at work on Monday.
5. Pinterest Announces Guided Search Functionality
This is way, way cool and a great thing to know for your business. Pinterest is introducing a Guided Search tool to their site. They say it's made for exploring (to help you maneuver their 750 million boards and 30 billion pins to be exact).
Learn more about the Pinterest Guided Search now.
6. Images to Boost Social Media Engagement
It is known in the industry that if you use a good photo for your social media content, your engagement will be better than if you went sans picture.
That's why we loved this quick article from Mashable.com on 10 Best Images to Boost Social Media Engagement.
The latest updates from Colorado Media Network's founder