Exciting news this week, Colorado! In case you haven’t heard—the amazingly talented Aristea Brady is BACK in Denver and ready to rock the anchor desk weeknights for FOX31-KDVR for their 10 p.m. newscast.
Aristea’s lovely face may look familiar to you avid Coloradans: She was a reporter and weekend morning anchor for 9NEWS-KUSA a few years ago. Then she left 9NEWS and moved to Minnesota where she was a reporter/anchor for WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.
She has many fabulous ties to Colorado as well (she was born and raised here after all)…including her TV buddies. One of her best friends is 9NEWS’ anchor/reporter Corey Rose, who we featured for last week’s “Get to Know” celebrity.
Okay, enough chit chat--it's time to get to know Aristea Brady with 15 fabulous facts about her:
1. If I could travel to any place in the world right at this moment, it’d be Disney World!! (Epcot, more specifically).
2. I spent all my summers in the western slope of Craig, Colorado on my extended family’s sheep and cattle ranch. We still go back multiple times a year!
3. While I grew up in a Greek-speaking household, I actually speak French better than I speak Greek.
4. I’m an avid country line dancer. Garth Brooks and George Strait are my favorite!
5. I love doing voice impressions and accents—British is my favorite.
6. I give almost everyone I know a nickname. More often than not, they stick!
7. Zumba is my favorite workout—no questions asked.
8. I was arm wrestling champion at a high school of 4,000 students. True story.
9. My favorite hobby is interior decorating. I’m constantly re-modeling!
10. I’m obsessed with elephants. I collect them. I even have elephant salt and pepper shakers.
11. One of my favorite quotes is “Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like heck!”
12. My favorite charity is the “Make a Wish Foundation,” and I’ve served as a past ambassador.
13. I have a fascination with Southern women and their hospitality. They have a way of making everything look charming yet effortless. This was born after my first TV stint in Lexington, Kentucky.
14. My name is Ancient Greek and it means the “pinnacle moment in battle.” How’s that for “a lot to live up to”?
15. I recently won a “Dancing with the Stars” competition in Minneapolis, Minnesota and raised just short of $30,000 for breast cancer.
Why I like working in Denver: It’s my home! I’m a born and raised Denver gal with a deep love for the orange and blue. I cherish my position to tell stories to the community I know and love most.
Why Denver is different from other markets where I’ve worked: As Denverites, we have a unique appreciation for the outdoor beauty that surrounds us. We don’t take our countless days of sunshine or our Rocky Mountaintops for granted in the 5280. That’s universal. What’s unique is the diversity our city offers. There’s something for everyone: a sports Mecca, a place for ranchers to call home and a rock climbers’ paradise.
Watch Aristea Brady weeknights on Fox31 at 10 p.m. You can also follow her on Twitter @AristeaBrady.
The staff at Colorado Media Network LLC worked with Aristea Brady during her tenure at 9NEWS. Take it from us: She's the real deal. Smart, charming and great at her job. Welcome back to the Mile High City, Aristea!
About Colorado Media Network LLC: We're a full-service digital, marketing and public relations firm with a wealth of experience working with some of the largest and most prominent media organizations and businesses in the state. Does your business need help with PR? Let's talk and grow your business today.
Want to discuss effective marketing? Today, the Colorado Rockies, in tandem with the six other baseball markets are having the first National Jersey Day! They created a promotional campaign that has Colorado buzzin’—and what seems like every TV reporter and anchor Tweeting a picture of themselves in their Rockies jerseys.
The plan? For National Jersey Day, the Rockies Store is giving away two free tickets to anyone who buys a Rockies jersey today.
The Rockies Store was smart. They took a current event and spun it to benefit them locally. They took National Jersey Day and made it about them—which seems to be working out and chances are, their jersey sales will probably increase today. What can we say? People love free stuff...and apparently that includes TV news anchor! Even if that means they buy a $60 jersey for two $20 tickets.
That, folks, is effective marketing through and through. Your business can do something similar as well. Media outlets love it when there’s a national story or something huge happening on a bigger scale and some business localizes it with a fun spin.
You’ll see what we mean with all the TV stations and their personalities’ Tweets below:
Want to create a successful marketing plan like the Colorado Rockies Store did? Hire Colorado Media Network LLC and we'll produce many marketing strategies to help get your brand, business and name out there to the masses.
It's hard to keep up with every, single story, blog post, article that comes out each week about social media. From current changes to helpful tips on managing your social media accounts, it can get, erhhhh, overwhelming to say the least.
Staffers at Colorado Media Network pay close attention to the social media news, so you don't have to worry.
Below is a quick roundup of stories, updates and changes posted about social media this week.
1. 7 Proven Ways to Creating Viral Pinterest Posts
Pinterest is your favorite pastime--but when it comes to your business, do you know how to create viral-worthy pins? PR Daily helps break down what to do, how to post and what people look for on the popular social media site.
2. BIG changes to AdWords
Google recently made some big changes to AdWords. Learn how AdWords can help connect your business to customers. And remember: SEO and online content creating can get oh-so-overwhelming. Hire Colorado Media Network and we'll do your digital heavy-lifting for you.
3. Social Media Playing with People's Emotions--and why it matters to your business
This article was by far our favorite from the week in the industry. Social Media World wrote an article about how the online platforms play with people's emotions and how you can use them to your advantage. This sentence alone speaks volumes about this powerful article:
"When you tell somebody something they will sometimes believe you, but if you lead them to conclude something on their own they will ALWAYS believe you."
Read the full article "Playing with People's Emotions" and comment below and let us know what you think about it!
4. Breaking Down Social Media Trends of 2014
OnlineSocialMedia.net published an incredibly helpful mix of facts, research, infographics and trends in the world of social media for 2014. If anything, read the article and we guarantee you'll walk away with more of a grasp and information on social media...at least for some clever watercooler conversations at work on Monday.
5. Pinterest Announces Guided Search Functionality
This is way, way cool and a great thing to know for your business. Pinterest is introducing a Guided Search tool to their site. They say it's made for exploring (to help you maneuver their 750 million boards and 30 billion pins to be exact).
Learn more about the Pinterest Guided Search now.
6. Images to Boost Social Media Engagement
It is known in the industry that if you use a good photo for your social media content, your engagement will be better than if you went sans picture.
That's why we loved this quick article from Mashable.com on 10 Best Images to Boost Social Media Engagement.
What can we say? Deuce from 95.7 The Party is one of our personal favorite radio personalities. He's clever, funny, witty and posts some hilarious content on his social media accounts. Trust us, you're going to want to "like" Deuce on Facebook.
Colorado Media Network wants you to get to know Deuce as well as we do--so he filled out 15 amazing facts about him that no one else knows (except for maybe his parents...and the girls he tried to impress during his awkward teen years).
Oh, and one more thing: You can tune into Deuce on 95.7 FM in Denver weekdays from 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
1. I got my start in radio at seven years old. I would sit in my room with my tape recorder and do full broadcasts of news, weather and play-by-play sports. I guess you could say I developed a passion for it early.
2. Paying dues early in my career led me to Wichita, Kansas for 3 ½ years. I’m not sure exactly why Dorothy was so anxious to return home.
3. I am an AVID basketball fan and I imagine you would be hard-pressed to find too many Nuggets fans bigger than me. I also play a little bit. Anybody that wants a game can find me on Twitter @DeuceOnTheAir, or on Instagram at DeuceOnTheAir.
4. Confession time: I was in the New Kids On The Block fan club when I was 10. In my defense though, I did it to impress a girl. It didn’t work. This would be recurring theme in my life.
5. I was once run over by a Volkswagen Beetle. No real cool story to go along with that but I wasn’t hurt too bad.
6. Colorado is my home. I grew up in the Park Hill neighborhood, proud graduate of George Washington High School, and also managed to breeze through the University of Denver (through some miracle).
7. Despite my “native” Coloradan status, I have never been skiing nor have I ever snowboarded. I am terrified of gravity and being mildly uncomfortable by the cold.
8. Confession time: I once watched “Days of Our lives” for months when I was 13. In my defense though, I did it to impress a girl. It didn’t work…again.
9. My start in radio began with a hate e-mail I sent to the host of a morning show in town. Through his selflessness and patience, that terribly rude gesture by me turned into a dialogue, which blossomed into an opportunity that I took full advantage of-- I’m extremely thankful to the mentors who have taken the time to show me the “proverbial ropes."
10. I have an amazingly diverse family and set of friends. You will see people from nearly all walks of life at my family functions. I am truly grateful to have had exposure to so many different cultural experiences.
11. I’m a rapper! Well, kind of. Not a serious rapper, but my first job in radio came as the result of a parody song I did about Kobe Bryant’s legal issue in Eagle 10 years ago. I have produced and performed several parody songs throughout my career. It’s a perfect marriage between my love of hip-hop & being a smart aleck.
12. Along with being on 95.7 The Party in Denver, I am lucky to be on many other stations around the country as well. I broadcast inBoston, Portland Oregon, Colorado Springs, & in several other markets around our nation.
13. People always ask me about the celebs we meet in the business. I can truly tell you that musicians, actors and other celebs are just like the rest of us. Some of them are gracious and friendly, some are pretentious and cold (many as a defense mechanism to a very leech-filled existence), and many are professional (fake) nice. I have to say meeting listeners and people in our community is almost always more interesting for me.
14. I was student class president at Fallis Elementary School when I was in fifth grade. That was the highlight of my political career.
15. Growing up I would say Michael Jordan was a hero of mine. Now, It’s probably Adam Richman, the “Man Vs. Food” host. I can eat a ghastly amount of terrible fried food in one sitting. I would love to get paid to travel and do that.
Social media has been known to help millions of people in areas of their lives you’d never thought possible.
Take the recent news headlines of the “Burger King Baby” who was searching for her birth mother. After a quick post on Facebook, before she knew it her photo and story went viral—which ultimately lead her to her mom.
In Colorado, there are many uses of social media that can help you in your personal, private and professional lives. If you just moved here, you can find groups of people online from your home state. If you’re an avid runner, you can find running groups. For professionals, you can join an online networking group for business card exchanges and elbow-rubbing.
So in no particular order, Colorado Media Network rallies up five Colorado Networking Groups on Social Media.
1. Denver Divas:
Throw on your heels and get ready to mix and mingle with professional women in the Denver area. Denver Divas meets the first Tuesday of every month at a different venue. Follow them on Facebook to find out where the gals will be heading next month: Denver Divas on Facebook
2. Denver Young Professionals:It’s all in the name with this powerhouse networking group—Denver Young Professionals brings together the finest group of 20/30-something savvy business folks who also enjoy having a good time. DYP is also part of Colorado’s young professionals network which has groups in Colorado Spring, Pueblo, Boulder, Ft. Collins and Summit County.
Like Denver Young Professionals on Facebook and you can also find them on LinkedIn and Twitter.
3. Colorado parent groups on Meetup.com
We gotta say: We love Meetup.com. No matter what your interests/hobbies are, there is more than likely a group on Meetup.com that meets your needs. For parents, there are a plethora of groups in your area on Meetup.com to check out. Here's a full list of Colorado parent groups on Meetup.com.
4. Social Buzz Network
With over 1,000 members, Social Buzz Network is the home of The Denver Entrepreneur’s Meetup and a friendly place for small business owners in Metro Denver to network. Social Buzz Network is a stellar opportunity to join a group of business owners that meet to network and inspire each other to be great.
Find Social Buzz Network on Facebook and Twitter @SocialBuzzNtwk.
5. Small Business Colorado
Small Business Colorado is an open Facebook group for anyone who owns a small business…or loves to shop at them! They’re completely open with posting on the wall and sharing your products and services. What more can we say? It’s a network of over 1,000 business savvy Coloradans who support each other’s companies and really brings out a great sense of community.
Join Small Business Colorado on Facebook today. Also, visit their sister page on Facebook for Denver Entrepreneurs for upcoming events, get-togethers.
Uh oh! Did we miss your favorite Colorado networking group? Sorry about that! E-mail us and we'll add it to a future blog post.
Anyway, we just wanted to show you more ways of how social media is a powerful tool and why it's so valuable for your company to be ahead of the curve and.active on the various platforms. Don't worry--we're here to help! Read more about Colorado Media Network's Social Media Services and contact us so we can begin growing your online network.
Colorado Twitter accounts were busy across the state this week Tweeting top stories, breaking news and interesting articles. So how'd the stories do based on your standards?
Colorado Media Network searched high and low to compile the below list of the top Tweets this week.
Ranking in as the Top Tweet with 122 Re-Tweets and 211 Favorites: The Denver Broncos Cheerleaders!
Did we miss your Top Tweet? E-mail us and we'll include it to the list.
That’s right: Colorado Media Network has officially launched.
After much anticipation and years of lead-up to this moment, it is with great pride and enthusiasm that I announce the launch of Colorado’s newest full-service marketing, public relations, creative and digital firm—Colorado Media Network, LLC!
Colorado Media Network offers 11 different services --Public Relations, Social Media, Digital, Brand Messaging, Event Marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Crisis Management, On-Air Coaching, Strategic Planning, Photography and Video Production. In a nutshell: If people don’t know your business yet or you’re itching to grow your client-base, you have come to the right place.
After 10 years working in the media, journalism and publishing world (and surviving those worlds no less!), I always had the dream of helping other Colorado businesses grow and thrive by utilizing my skills and expertise in public relations, marketing and digital savvy.
Okay, no sales pitches here (well….no annoying sales pitches). I just want to use this blog post as an opportunity to say how excited I am about this—not only because I am launching Colorado Media Network, but also for the opportunity to help others grow their businesses and fulfill their dreams.
I have met a lot of new business owners and friends who have drained their life savings to take a risk and start their own business. Some of them succeeded. Others, well, let’s just say they didn’t know the first part of getting their name out there to the masses. They didn’t have any online presence. Their websites didn’t meet the needs of their customers. They lacked SEO know-how. They didn’t utilize any public or media relations strategies. Heck, some of them didn’t even start a Facebook page for their business. After a while, they were forced to cut back their budget and in the end, sadly, closing their doors.
Let me say this: I truly care about your success. I won’t stop until you’re happy. I won’t stop until your customers are happy. I want to make your business into a household name. Not only that, Colorado Media Network’s service rates are reasonable. I care enough about helping you that I don’t want to bill you for the rest of your 401K. That just wouldn’t sit well with me.
What are we waiting for?! Let’s get started! I can’t wait to meet new clients and get the ball rolling in the right direction for you. Call me to set up a consultation or send me a quick e-mail to: Erica@ColoradoMediaNetwork.com
All the best,
Colorado Media Network, LLC.
The latest updates from Colorado Media Network's founder