Ken has that TV personality that makes you feel like you’ve known him for years, just by watching him weekdays on FOX31. His down-to-earth persona and sense of humor have made him quite popular amongst Colorado news viewers over the years. Not only that, he’s a rarity—a Colorado native, born and raised in our great state.
Colorado Media Network has enjoyed working with Ken over the years on various assignments. He’s a great reporter to get to know in the PR and marketing world. He’s true to form—loves helping Colorado businesses out when given the opportunity.
Ken gave us 15 fabulous facts that not too many people know about him. So let’s hop to it and “Get to Know” Ken Clark now:
2. My first “real” job outside of college was in Farmington, New Mexico working weekend mornings on 95.7 The Planet. It was over an hour away and I would wake up to go to work when my roommates were coming home from the bars. One time I gave out my home number as the contest line.
3. My wife was at Ft. Lewis at the same time but we never met. This year we celebrate 10 years of marriage!
4. I have two boys ages 9 and 6.
5. Much of my family lives here- I have four brothers from a blended family. Two are engineers, one is a teacher of English and my oldest brother is a police officer in Jefferson County. And, yes, pretty sure he would still give me a ticket if he caught me speeding.
7. I’ve spent many afternoons in a Cessna flying over Denver doing traffic reports. Coming close to landing on I-25 near Evans when we were in a major down draft. I was told by the pilot if we ever have to make an emergency landing to open the door before we hit, cause this plane is “like a beer can full of Kerosene and will crumple and burn with us in it if you don’t."
8. I’m left-handed.
9. I use an electric razor everyday on my face and head. It is the same razor I’ve had since I was about 15—it’s old, but works the best.
11. I went to Bear Creek High School and then to Ft. Lewis College. I received my degree in Psychology. My mullet was with me through most of it.
12. I was on the very first show of Good Day Colorado and I’m the only remaining on air personality, and I’ve done every position here on the show, even the weather. I’m now in my 10th year.
13. In my garage sits a 1969 mustang. My first car. It did run in the '90s, but doesn’t now. It is my wish that someday it will. My oldest son tells me it’s “his,” but the title is still in my name.
14. I don’t Tweet enough, but you can follow me on Twitter @kenclarktv- and I’ve been known to photo bomb. Most recent “The most interesting man in the world” he was on the 'Everyday' show with Kathie J and myself.
15. I am a horrible skier. I’m much better on a snowboard and went to Winter Park this year to knock the dust off the board. First time on the hill since my oldest son was born, must admit I still have it. You know, for an old guy and all.
That's where it gets tricky and it's best to let the pros handle it. Hire Colorado Media Network LLC to oversee your public relations and marketing--and let's start growing your business today (and have some fun while we do it.
Fill out the form below and one of our media professionals will be in touch with you shortly.